Following the recent completion of research on this matter, published under the title “Las ayudas de Estado en el ámbito tributario: Experiencia española y contexto actual” (State aid in relation to taxes: Spanish experience and current context), the Tax and Competitiveness Foundation (FIC) is organising the public presentation of the project.
The first event was held on 7 July in association with the Centre for Political and Constitutional Studies (CEPC) under the title “State aid in relation to taxes: general considerations and the Covid-19 context”.
It was essentially an online session, although there were a limited number of places for face-to-face attendance at the CEPC’s headquarters, observing the limits imposed by the pandemic. The agenda was as follows:
- 11.45h – The session is opened by the CEPC’s Director, Yolanda Gómez Sánchez, and the Chair of the Foundation’s Board of Trustees, Joaquín Latorre Tambo
- 12.15h – 1st Speaker: The state aid concept and exceptions related to Covid-19. Speaker: Jorge Ferreras Gutiérrez (Finance Director, Coordinator, REPER Spain)
- 12.45h – 2nd Speaker: The impact of the state aid concept in the creation of European Tax Legislation. Speaker: José Luis Buendía Sierra (Garrigues, Brussels)
- 13.15h – Round table. Moderator: Fernando Serrano Antón (Professor of Finance and Tax Law at UNIVERSIDAD COMPLUTENSE DE MADRID) The two speakers and Javier Montero Rodríguez (Professor of International Public Law at UNIVERSIDAD CARLOS III DE MADRID)
- 14.15h – The session is closed by the CEPC’s Sub-director of Studies and Research, Julia Ortega Bernardo.